Other activities carried out were
1) During the thirties the Ramakrishna Vijayam was edited for 5 years at Ooty Ashram.
2) A Model Gurukula was started and run for about 4 years in 1947.
3) Religious classes were regularly conducted from 1937 both at the Ashram and at town schools, Coonoor and Staff College Wellington.
4) A monthly retreat – Antaryogam – on last Sundays was started from May 1971 and is still continuing.
5) In 1983 April 25 th a beautiful marble image of Sri Rama Krishna was installed and consecrated in the shrine by most revered Swami Vireshwaranandaji.
6) A new building – the monks’ quarters and extended prayer hall were opened on 26/03/1989 by Rev. Tapasyanandaji.
7) The Golden Jubilee of the Ashrama in 09/1976, the 150 th Birthday of Sri Rama Krishna in 1986 and the Platinum Jubilee of the Ashrama in 2001 were celebrated in a quiet and solemn way.
Present activities:- The ashrama maintains a shrine where nityapuja& evening arati are conducted daily.
On Ekadasi days Ramnam Sankirtan is held. Birthday celebrations of Holy Trio is observed and due solemnity providing pecuniary help and ration doles to the poor and destitute, distribution of educational help to school going children is another activity.
From 1992, medical help to the poor is given during rains and winter, whenever need arises, the ashrama provides distress relief in and around Ooty.
The Ashrama manages in a supervisory capacity the Holy Mother Trust established in 1938 by Sri Vasanandaji, consisting now of about 18 acres of land out of which 3 acres are under tea plantation.
The Ooty Ashrama is maintained by devotees, admirers and sympathisers of the Ramakrishna Ideal, by collections made in town and villages of Nilgiris every year. This is a tradition even to this day.
Many distinguished and venerable monks have visited and blessed the Ashram. Many devotees have been initiated by these realized souls.
- Most Revered Swami Virajanandaji Maharaj in 1939
- Most Revered Swami Vireshwaranandaji Maharaj in 1968, 71, 76, 83
- Most Revered Swami Gambhiranandaji Maharaj in 1970.
- Most Revered Swami Bhuteshanandaji Maharaj in 1977.
- Most Revered Swami Ranganathanandaji Maharaj in 1966, 1991
- Most Revered Swami Tapasyanandaji Maharaj in 1989.
- Most Revered Swami Gahananandaji Maharaj
- Most Revered Swami Atmasthanandaji Maharaj
The R.K.Math Ooty as a Retreat Centre is trying to fulfil its purpose by awakening the latest spirituality of the people here.